I’m pretty sure that I’m not going to win popularity votes with this post, but I’m equally sure that I don’t care. More and more, we as believers are pressured to lower our moral standards to fit into a society of no moral absolutes. Christians are becoming more and more vague about what they actually believe and what the Word of God teaches. Luke 9:26 says, “Whoever is ashamed of Me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.” This weekend our conference speaker noted in this verse that its not just being ashamed of Him, but also in His Word. Its easy to say, yes, I believe in God, but what about when someone asks you a tough question? I decided to get a few things straight. Here is a list of things I believe. You might agree with me, then again, you might not. That is not the point. I have decided to stand up. To clearly state for the record what I believe. So, here we go.
- I believe God created the universe and everything in it.
- I believe that Jesus is the faultless Son of God.
- I believe that Jesus is God.
- I believe that Jesus died for my sins and the sins of a world that doesn’t deserve it.
- I believe that salvation is a free gift of God and not a result of my own works.
- I believe that God created marriage to be between one man and one woman.
- I believe homosexuality is a sin.
- I believe that God loves the homosexual.
- I believe that abortion is murder.
- I believe that alcohol has no place in the life of a believer.
- I believe that God has asked me to love all my enemies.
- I believe that it is the responsibility of every believer to reach this lost world.
- I believe that one day Jesus is coming back for me.
- I believe that one day I will be face to face with God and have to give an account of how I used my time on this earth.
- I believe that it’s ok to be radical about your faith.
This is not a complete list, but these are some of the things that I want to be clear about. If you are one of those who does not agree with me, feel free to contact me and I would be happy to show you why I believe these things according to the Word of God. I believe that its critical more than ever that believers rise up and stand firm in the Word of God. Do not be ashamed of His WORD!